Grow Your Small Business
I have created a programme for owners of small enterprises, called Grow Your Small Business.
- Do you own a two to four-person business?
- Do you need targeted information and assistance in building a real business, an asset?
- Do you need to look at your cash flow?
Then this unique programme is for you.
Unique – why?
Firstly, I made it purposefully truly affordable – as a small business, as a rule, has to contend with tight cash flow situations. Can you forgo the opportunity of getting access to a specially-designed programme and executive coaching at payments pitched for a tight budget?
Secondly, the programme should not make too much of a demand on the owner’s time. It had to be learnable and doable – and it is, if each partner and their team members, each sets aside 30 to 60 minutes a day.
Thirdly, you will be able to use your plans and marketing material immediately and grow an asset.
A real business – an asset
How many entrepreneurs have created real businesses? Not only a name, a logo, a website and a number of excellent products and services, but:
- a real, saleable business
- a company consisting of purposefully-crafted processes and systems
- a database
- a subscriber list
- a client list
- A well-trained professional staff who are able to assist a new owner, should you sell
- products and services “on the shelf”
Surely, you want a proper asset which could be sold in the future at a handsome price.
How long will it take?
You and you small staff work under serious time constraints. I will assist you to put into place – within six months if you apply youself – the foundations of a solid business and increase your probability of growing your company successful by 50 to 75%. The remaining months are used to refine and customise you systems and processes and in creating a number of keystone business habits. I will assist you over 20 hours and this would include individual executive coaching.
Payment is spread over 20 months.
Entrepreneurs usually know they need consulting services and professional assistance in putting business systems and processes into place.
Problem: For a small business the price of consulting services is the #1 issue. The first question is always: What will it cost? How could I, as consultant and coach, drastically lower the price for small companies while still ensuring that I am able to offer professional services in terms of a sound consultant’s revenue model?
Solution: Develop a programme which minimizes the presence of the consultant and increases the role of the owner or owners.
- The owner or owners and their team members learn and absorb the programme largely through self-study. The course material is easily readable and absorbable. It covers essential information about establishing and running a small business. The course content can be mastered over six months. Payment is spread over 20 months. This spread makes the monthly outlay low and affordable.
- I, as consultant/coach, reduce my presence and involvement to 20 hours. Workshops are limited to one or 1.5 hours during which important concepts, progress and problem areas are discussed. This is possible as you preview modules and prepare for workshops.
ABPLAN designed the Grow Your Small Business Programme against seven criteria as seen from the perspective of the owner of a small business. Would these be your criteria?
- Price or fee: Monthly payments have to be within reach.
- Exceptional usefulness: The content of the programme has to provide a real reason to invest.
- Functionality: The course has to be very practical and doable. It has to contain examples of plans and of marketing material.
- Availability: The programme material has to be available in full to the client. The course, however, has to be presented in small, achievable segments.
- Relationship: The style of coaching and the pace have to suit the client.
- Client’s growth: The programme has to ensure the entrepreneur’s quick learning about planning and execution.
- Value for client: The outcome has to be a business.
Click criteria for a paragraph about each of the seven criteria.
Micro and Small Businesses
The difference between the two programmes/courses lies in the scope of the programmes and the amount of support that I, as consultant/coach, personally have to provide.
- The Build Your Micro-Business Programme is meant for the one-person company. As this entrepreneur does not employ staff, this programme is small in scope.
- The Grow Your Small Business Programme has been designed for two to four persons. It has a larger scope and covers needs that arise the moment you bring a business partner on board and/or when you appoint staff. The additional people factor has to get attention. We focus on meetings and how they are run. Team members are coached on working together. The emotional and intellectual involvement of each individual is essential as this to a very large degree affects the success of the business.
This programme has additional modules that cover building a committed team. The consultant is more involved. I have to run more workshops and devote attention to the individual needs of partners and of each other person on the team e.g. an assistant. This could include separate private executive coaching. My follow-up and backup services are also more in volume, measured in time spent on commenting on the plans of each member and in interacting with a range of people.
This programme includes 20 consulting hours and although it is possible to complete the course in six months, payments are spread over 20 months.
My clients find that my Grow Your Small Business Programme offers true value and that it is well worth the effort, commitment and application on their part. You and your team too can build and grow a successful small business!
Take a no-risk first step – meet me
There is no risk attached in meeting me – and it’s gratis. The first step is that we should meet. To ensure that we have an in-depth discussion from the moment we meet, get my Mini-Strategy Discussion Questionnaire below.
You will find it very useful to complete this questionnaire. It obliges you to put a fair amount of strategic information on paper – perhaps the first time that you will have done so. I will study your information and we will get off to a flying start when we meet.
Complete the questionnaire, send it to me and I will contact you to set up an appointment.
I’m looking for Ideal Clients. You are looking for an Ideal Consultant. Who knows we both might fit the bill. If not, we will have enjoyed a nice cup of coffee and depart all the wiser.
Within three months Albert and his Grow Your Small Business Programme assisted us to a very high extent to grow a real business.
The programme’s modules are practical and doable as the information is divided into manageable chunks. The programme positively changed our thinking and approach. It made a difference, after only three months of developing a strategic plan, in increased numbers in prospective and actual clients and in improved income figures.
Albert has the ability to ask, and keep asking the right questions to clarify one’s thoughts and ideas about your own business and to help you align all aspects of your business with your mission and vision, as well as one’s clients’ needs, using only a few practical steps.
Our design business needed a “business coach” to aid us in setting up our business both strategically and operationally. We approached Albert of ABPLAN and he set up a meeting with us over coffee to “interview” us and see if our business was something that he felt he could make a difference to.
We are now seeing Albert every two weeks to work on his modular course that he has written for businesses like ours. We find that he is most professional. What we like most about him is that he comes with many years of experience in the business world. He makes us feel comfortable and encourages us to study his material and work out the details for ourselves in order for us to understand and grasp the concepts better.
Albert is very caring, helpful and understands our business very well. Eight months into his programme, we are having our best month work-wise and the work is just rolling in!
We have already recommended Albert to many other professionals who we believe will benefit from his material and coaching.
Can you make a difference, a real difference, to your life and future and add value to the lives of others?
The answer is a definitive yes.